Monday, March 5, 2012

B-girl Lucile - February 19, 2012

B-girl Lucile is from France and has been living in Los Angeles for 8 years. She first started breaking at the age of 19. As a child, she was into gymnastics and first started dancing to house music before she started breaking, she says. 


Lucile enjoys breaking because of cyphers. "To almost any event you go to, there's always gonna be cyphers, that means that regardless of the main competition and main battles going on, there's still an opportunity for you to just go down and have fun. Or you could decide to battle in a cypher, then you can really choose whoever you want to battle at that very precise moment or not. Or you could just go down and show what you got. Or just have fun...."


"I'm always gonna have to wait for a beat that makes me want go down to have the most out of it... and really I'm not forcing myself to go down. I'm going down when I'm feeling it. I'm going down when the music is telling me, 'oh that beat's for you.'  You know? You're feeling it and so you could go out.... and the best of you is coming out because you're dancing to a beat that you're actually feeling. If I'm going out to something I'm not feeling, I'm gonna feel wack."


Lucile looks up to b-girl Hurricane, b-boys Ken Swift, Easy Rock, Maurizio, and Poe One to name a few. "To me they are breaking the way breaking should look like. I'm really into foundation and the true essensce of breaking.. the way it looked back in the days, maybe in the late 70s... I admire them because their their style has just become so amazing to watch."


Here are some of my takes:
































No comments:

Post a Comment