Wednesday, February 22, 2012

B-girl Crissy B (Crissy Silva) - February 5, 2012

For the last few weeks I've been giving up most of my Sundays scheduling photo shoots with local b-girls out here. The experience has been rewarding, tiring, nervous and exciting all at the same time. When it's something that I have a deep interest in and something that I really care about, I feel like the money doesn't matter to me anymore. I enjoy it. I have fun.

I usually drive for a few hours to find my location spots. I schedule my photo shoots around sunset when the lighting is at its best.

I've been collecting audio interviews with the b-girls as well, but I haven't figured out yet how I'll be editing them. You'll eventually see them. Sooner or later.

The photos below are of Crissy, born and raised in Los Angeles. She says that breaking makes her feel free. "That's what I like about this dance... you're discovering your own individual style and you're free to do that if you wanted to...  for me battling is exciting and scary all at the same time... competitions don't get me really hype, but when it happens in a cypher that's when it's live and dope... I think that's when I'm at my best if anything."

























No comments:

Post a Comment